Thursday, October 16, 2008

Apple a day...Glances a day...


Apple a day...Glances a day...
Hm...yup..the line is quite ajeeb..but this pharse, explains a stupid incident, yet a bit funny. My mom, very particular about me, her princess, I should eat properly..have a great diet, nothing should be missing in that..etc etc..so when I was about to leave for my office-mera pyara aajtak..oops dilli aajtak..she popped up a Chinese apple in front of me, saying “ye jarur kha lena..aaj kuch khas diya bhi nahi hai maine lunch mein”, I made a face, since eating at the desk is not allowed and I cannot sit at canteen for a long time..as I take hell lot of time in eating an apple you see! But I respect her care..so kept it in my bag! Whole day passed, I didn’t even touch that apple! In the evening, while going back home, I was feeling guilty that I did not eat it L so I decided to eat in metro..ya I travel by delhi metro..delhi ki jeevan rekha! I know very well..eating n drinking is not allowed on the delhi metro..but which guilt is big..? Metro mein eating eating ya not eating the apple given by lovely cary mom..obviously not eating the apple..! But this got me in great trouble. By chance today, or actually unfortunately, today everybody in the metro was mum, as if they were waiting for khach khach of my apple..huh to them. But I had to eat my apple so I looked here and there, took out my apple and ignoring the pasted sticker that says-“eating & drinking not allowed”, I took my first small bite..Kkhhaaacchhh…moment after this kkhhaaacchhh everybody’s eyes rolled to me from all their evening dreams. I ignored again...Keeping the guilt aside and took another bite..some people just kept their eyes stuck on me and my apple! This was irritating me too. So, I decided to finish my apple within the route of rajiv chowk to kashmere gate. I made my bites bigger and faster, first time in my life, just imagine, but I succeeded. Before it was declared next station is kashmere gate, I kept the remains of apple in polythene in my bag, very hurriedly! The station came and I relieved myself from the burden of not following the rules as now I’ll be separated from the rush that was staring at my every bite.

No comments: